Friday, September 7, 2007

Como?

I'm counting down the days of working with Dell, and thought I'd share with you an interesting encounter today with a Spanish speaking female customer who can barely speak English.

During our difficult dialogue, trying to understand each other, she was complaining about how she tried to call Dell but no one there spoke Spanish. Well, luck had it that while she was submitting an online application for Dell Financing, she had to call Dell for additional information.

She reluctantly agreed and was having trouble understanding the person on the phone. She asked to speak to a Spanish speaking representative, of which there was no option for that. Among the conversation (she eventually hung up), she was verbally showing her displeasure to me about why Dell didn't have Spanish speaking representatives while other companies did.

On the one hand, I was very sympathetic.

But on the other hand, I really was not.

I'll leave it at that before I get in trouble.

Kinda reminds me of an encounter on my church mission in Los Angeles where two of us were knocking at a door of an apartment complex. Through the screen, you can see a little Mexican boy come up to the door...."no entiendo" came the response from the boy, which means "I don't understand".

"What? No Nintendo?" was my smart-alec response.

"OK...well, no Playstation"

2 comments:

Mat said...

Ah, I can see it now. Vlad and I each sitting at the judgment seat and being told that over all we did pretty well.
Unfortuantly those "Playstation" remarks tipped the scales and we end up spending our eternal torment together.
Maybe we should have picked on XBox instead.;)

Unknown said...

LOL, we'll probably just get a stern reprimand, probably something similar to what Milo would give us.

"Elder Paje, I'm not very happy for that Playstation comment"

{Looking down} "Yes, Heavenly Father..."