Monday, May 21, 2012

Power Supply

My desktop computer that I built about 3.5 years ago had been out of commission for the past two weeks.  I haven't had a chance to work on it, but I was suspecting that it was the power supply.

I finally had a chance to go to Best Buy today to purchase a power supply for only $50.  

I use to love tinkering with computers, building them and fixing them.  I don't like to a lot now-a-days, so I kinda procrastinated diagnosing the computer with the new power supply.

So I finished watching "The Negotiator" (awesome movie..I can watch that movie every week, seeing Samuel Jackson and Kevin Spacey use their wits and skills to get what they need).  And I started watching the "Celebrity Apprentice" that was recorded from the day before, even though I found out that Arsenio Hall won because someone posted it on Facebook. *sigh

Long story short was that I finally determined that it was the power supply and in about an hours time, I got my computer up and running again.

I'm thankful that I can save money by fixing computers myself, and that this fix was on the cheap side.  I probably would have paid about $150+ to have someone fix this for me.

Now if I can do some more repairs on my own around the house, and on my car. ;-)

No comments: