Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Timing

I'm sometimes in awe with the timing of situations in my life.  Not that it always works out in a good way, but when it does, you can't help thinking that someone is watching over you. 

As with previous blogs, I'm not privy to share all the details, and that is the case today. 

My brother got himself into a pickle, and my parents and I had to help him out, most of it monetarily.  The key thing here was that I was able to help.  If this would have happened just a month or two prior, when I had not chosen to go a new job, then I would have not been able to help, and the burden would have fallen on to my parents. 

And although I'm not very happy with the choice my brother made, this situation gave me an opportunity to have sort of a "Come to Jesus" moment with my brother, and hopefully with my coaching and example, I can help him along with his life. 

I'm thankful that God was watching over my brother, and that we were able to help him out with a temporal issue.  I'm also thankful that I had that opportunity to have these little heart-to-heart talks with my brother, and I pray that I can continue to be some positive influence in helping him with his life.

 

No comments: