Monday, June 11, 2007

SELL ON EBAY!!!!

I never thought I'd actually venture into Ebay. Countless times I've listened to that Ebay song by Weird "Al" sung to the tune of Backstreet Boy's "I Want It That Way". It's quite amusing. Little did I know that EVERYTHING he says on it is soooooooo TRUE.

Since I've been back in Jacksonville (wow over a year now), I kinda started out trying to buy and sell stuff. My first purchase was an all-in-one media card reader/floppy drive for a computer that I put together. The first item I ever sold was a wireless gaming router for a console game system. Since then, I've become somewhat of an expert at it now. I've sold a few cameras, a laptop with a broken LCD screen, a couple of cellphones, computer parts (computer case, CD read/writer, bluetooth keyboard and mouse, RAM sticks), my old Playstation 2, a used Xbox 360, and even a brand new Playstation 3 when it first came out last November.



I'm into photography and one of the hard to get lens (Nikon 18-200mm VR lens) have been selling for a premium since the beginning of 2006. Well, last August, I decided to see if I could could make a profit selling these lenses. Actually I just wanted to make enough profit to help pay for one of those lenses to keep for myself. I'd order a few of these lenses at $750 each, wait about two months or so for them to arrive, and then sell them for much higher price on Ebay....I was hooked. I pretty much made it a side business, so long as there's demand. I've sold roughly 130 of these babies. My "Buy-It-Now" price was as high as $949 around Christmas time, but the demand is dropping and they are currently listed at $849.



Feel free to check out my profile vladtech on Ebay.

Now I'm on the lookout for the next hot item to sell...

3 comments:

Wendy M said...

I don't believe it...you are claiming this on your income taxes right? I'll turn you in. ;-)

Charlotta-love said...

My brother does the same thing with designer jeans. Of course he always gets a pair for himself but he pays them off with his e-bay purchase. Weird Al knows his e-bay.

Mat said...

I'm surprised it took so long for you to get into EBay. Nice job on the lenses.