Friday, March 2, 2012

Ballroom Dancing

One of my good friends told me that she was at a ballroom dance with her children.  How cute is that?  Back when I was at BYU, I took a few dance classes, which included social, ballroom, latin, folk, and Irish dances.  It's the thing to do, and I thoroughly enjoyed dancing.

I don't get to do it as much nowadays, but I do appreciate knowing what I know and that I can still dance a little when I get the opportunity.

Last week, after a business networking meeting, one of the business owners that owns a dance studio invited a few of us to go practice dance.  It was a lot of fun, although I forgot some of the advance steps.  My favorite is still the Cha-cha, although I did Foxtrot, Waltz, Tango, and a few other.  Quite a neat atmosphere.  I wish I had time to take dance lessons, but I don't, not right now.

Nevertheless, I'm glad that I enjoy this activity, and I hope to do it again more regularly.

1 comment:

Henry Gay said...

I find it cute that your friend does ballroom dancing with her kids. :D It must’ve been a nice bonding time. Anyway, I agree with you. It’s nice to know that you still know how to dance and can probably show off some moves in case the need arises. Knowledge really adds to our confidence basket. :]