Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sunflower Seeds

I have a fun time planting sunflower seeds at my dad's farm.  I need them to bloom sometime in May so that we can use it for a church activity.  We'll see....it takes 75-90 days to bloom.

I had a good time, driving my dad's little tractor to haul some compost from one end of his 5 acre plot of land to the area that I was to prepare for planting.  He instructed me to weed and till a small section, dig holes so that we can fill the hole with compost and water, then poking tiny holes with our fingers before filling them with a couple of sunflower seeds each.

Now it's a waiting game, allowing God's creation to happen in His time.  It's kinda cool to know that we are the tools in preparing His masterwork, but after all is done, it truly is His miracle to make the seeds grow into a beautiful sunflower.  I'm sure we can go into a Spiritual discussion right now, but I'll leave it as a rhetorical statement.

I'm grateful for the time I spent with my dad, that I can work with nature, and that both gives me peace and happiness in what I sometimes feel are difficult times, relatively speaking.

No comments: