Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thunderstorms, Wednesday March 14

Florida experienced a very mild Winter this year, with Spring time weather coming quickly.  Even at times it seems like Summer weather, with the inside of my car reaching over 100 degrees parked out in the Sun today.

But today there was an afternoon thundershower...more thunder than shower.  I was thinking "Is it July already?"  The rumble of the thunder was a welcoming sound.  I'm not a big fan of showers, but the mighty lightning and thunder fascinates me.

Thanks for the change of scenery, God.  :-)

6 comments:

Evil Fairy Princess said...

Yay for Thunderstoms... nature's sleeping pill

Unknown said...

They can be for me, but sometimes they just scare the heck out of me :-/

Evil Fairy Princess said...

Ahahaha.... I apologize that I find that slightly amusing... :o(

I love thunderstorms and the light show they provide.... good sounds for sleeping...

Unknown said...

:-) I agree...it's just the wicked loud thunder that tears through the sky will Almighty power that keep me unsettled.

Evil Fairy Princess said...

It is fun to count how many miles away it is based on seeing the lightning then counting (one mississippi, two mississippi, etc..) til the thunder is heard.. is a tad exhilirating when you only get "wha" out... not the entire word one but wha...

I'm weird I know...

Unknown said...

Yeah...just like in "Poltergeist" before the tree attacks you!!!