Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Music (Tuesday, March 6, 2012)

Today I was preparing for the musical devotional this Sunday.  I am planning to share my testimony and music for a special evening church event.  I went through a few piano pieces and found four that would be perfect.  Without giving the titles, here are the genres:

  • One classical piece by Clementi that I learned when I was 13.
  • One modern piece by Jim Brickman
  • An arrangement of one of my favorite church hymns
  • A vocal/piano arrangement of a piece composed by Rob Gardner and is in "He is Jesus Christ"
I wanted to share how I had developed the gift of piano playing before I was baptized, and how I am now using my talents to help with church services.  I'm so thankful that I can worship God through music and that I can be an instrument (literally) to others by providing uplifting and Spiritual music for them.

No comments: