Sunday, February 19, 2012

Crock Pots

Two Thanksgivings ago (2010), I bought a crock pot to use for the festivities.  For two years in a row, I made honeybaked ham in the crockpot.  It was pretty easy.  Layer the bottom with brown sugar.  Place the spiral cut ham on top of the brown sugar.  Coat the outside of the ham with more brown sugar.  Slow cook in the crock pot for 6-8 hours.

And before today, I used the crock pot for a total of those two times.  I know, what a waste.  Just never decided to get a crock pot cook book or even look for recipes online.

My friend Amy taught me an easy pot roast recipe for my crock pot.  She even bought the ingredients for me too :-)  One pot roast, one small bag of baby carrots, three cans of peeled potatoes, and some water.  Season the pot roast with salt (or garlic salt) and pepper.  Just that easy.

I feel like an idiot since I've had this wonderful cooking device for over a year and have not taking advantage of it's simplicity in cooking.  But now I have atoned for my sin.

Thanks, Amy, for being that catalyst to help me use this great cooking tool...the crock pot.  I'm planning to use it more often.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are so very welcome.