Tuesday, February 14, 2012

High Definition TV

Today, after a few years of AT&T U-verse, I switched back to DirecTV.  Regardless, it's electronic bliss.

I remembered back in the early 2000's when the concept of High Definition TV was coming to fruiting and by 2009, standard TV was going to go bye bye and if you still had an old standard TV, you had to buy a converter.

In terms of sports, I think a lot of people would rather tune in to the TV, because the picture is so lifelike, and with all of the different camera angles, you have a better view of the game at home.

I bought my first and only LCD TV in 2007, a 42" Sharp Aquos.  I remember it clearly because concurrent to the purchase, I had to go through an unfortunate experience of having to put one of my brother's dogs to sleep.  I couldn't really feel excited about our new toy when we just lost a pet's life.  Interesting thought process that puts things into perspective.

But nonetheless, HDTV brought home entertainment to another level, from sports games, to movies and shows, and even the game systems that utilize the sharp resolution.

Thank you to those smart engineers that have enhanced our viewing pleasure.

No comments: