Sunday, February 12, 2012

Shutterbug (Saturday, Feb 11)

Today I had a chance to break out my Big Camera.  I have a Nikon D300 camera, along with a wide-zoom f/2.8 lens (let's a lot of light in, for those of you that do not know camera lingo).  I was at the Orlando Temple today and took some pictures outside.  It's been awhile since I took out the Big Camera, but I do appreciate that I've have it.

I've been a shutterbug since the 5th grade.  I think the first camera I owned came free with a subscription to Time magazine, or something like that.  It was a long time ago.  The camera was a fixed lens basic 35mm camera.  Took crappy pictures, but boy was I hooked.  Too bad the cost of purchasing/developing film limited the number of snaps I could take.

In the 7th grade, I acquired a disc camera.  I remember taking pictures at EPCOT.

On my mission, I had more advanced automatic 35mm camera.

In grad school, I got the advanced film camera.

Then finally I ventured into the digital world, buying my first digital camera, the Canon Elph 400, and then migrating to the Elph SD300.

I also purchased my first DSLR camera, the Nikon D60.  I upgraded to the D200 and finally to my current D300.  It's been photography bliss since then.


No comments: