Sunday, February 12, 2012

Piano Lessons

Today I gave two daughters their first piano lesson.  It was part of a Christmas gift for a family that goes to my church.

And as an aside...just teaching them made me want to have daughters.  They are soooo adorable.  But on the flip side, I'd probably have to purchase a shotgun too, for when they start dating.

I thoroughly enjoyed teaching them very basic piano skills.  I was only five when I started taking my first lessons.  The daughters I taught were 8 and 9.  The older daughter picked up things just a little faster.

For the first lesson, I showed them where middle C was on the piano.  They also had a refresher on the white keys.  I taught them that their fingers actually had numbers associated with them.  I felt bad when I asked them to show me the #3 finger...in front of their dad.  But innocence is bliss.

And using their right hand at the home position, we read from the piano book the note and fingering sequence.

3212333...222...355...3212333...22321.

Can you guess the song?  I'll give the answer later, but I'm sure most of you will get it.

I'm thankful I had the opportunity to teach these girls today.  Made a great ending to a busy day.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so very touching and heartfelt. thank you for posting it.

Anonymous said...

mary had a little lamb???