Saturday, January 28, 2012

Holy Spirit

Today was a busy day, with the afternoon and evening devoted to Stake Conference.  The instructions in the evening were mostly about reading and pondering the scriptures, and I was just full of the Holy Spirit that testified to me the importance of such practice in our daily lives.  

When you feel the Holy Spirit, it's not sufficient that you can just sit back and think "ahhh, I heard truth".  It is a call to take action, to put it into motion.  I haven't been the best at reading my scriptures every day, but when I do it generally does make the day feel complete, not necessarily better, just complete.  Steven Covey's principle "Sharpening your saw".  Taking time to develop physically, Spiritually, and mentally.  Reading scriptures is an aspect of sharpening our Spiritual saw.

I am grateful for the Holy Spirit, in how it guides us in our daily lives, to testify of truth, and to confirm our actions as we serve God.  

No comments: