Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Under The Weather

Another long day, so this will be short.  I've been feeling under the weather since Monday (it's Wednesday now) and it's slowly getting worse.  I don't think I'm sporting a fever, even a slight one, and I hope that it doesn't come to that in order to get better.  I've been popping vitamins like there's no tomorrow...well, not really, but I've taking a lot more than usual.  Even a teacher at an elementary school gave me a packet of Emergen-C this morning.  Never tried it before.  It's yucky...bleh, but she warned me.

Coughing was another symptom that started today.  I hope that it stays at that...

Isn't it interesting how you perceive life when you start getting sick?  The normal part of me wants to just relax, rest a little, take it easy.  But another part of me takes this as a challenge, to press forward, to continue to be productive.  I've seen so many people work through illnesses (full blown illnesses), and generally that's not good, but there's something I admire about pressing forward...especially when things "need" to get done.  Motherhood comes to mind..  I think of so many moms that work through their illness, because children depend on them.  There is no break.

Kinda puts me to shame sometimes....so with my "under the weather" illness, I just need to suck it up.

And naturally, when you're not 100% healthy, you more fully appreciate the times that you are, and right now I am thankful for those times.
 
So I'm going to down some more vitamins, drink plenty of fluids, and hope that I can stave off this illness that's trying to emerge.

No comments: