Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Waterburger

In between appointments, I was able to slip in some time to see my friends, who were having dinner at TGIFridays.  They had just ordered their meals, but since I wasn't staying for long, I just ordered dessert.

While we were eating our meals, my friend Rebecca was gracious enough to share half of her hamburger with me.  As I grabbed the half burger, a series of events occurred in a way that exemplifies Murphy's Laws.  I don't think you can script this any better than how it happened.

The insides of the burger began to slip from the bun...the meat, lettuce, onions, etc.

Watching helplessly as the innards made their way to the table...and by pure luck...there was a glass of water to break the fall.

An instant waterburger.  We were all so dumbfounded by this incredulous occurrance, that the entire group opened into gut busting laughter.  I almost passed out...twice.

I was left with just the bun halves in my hand, and without giving any second thought, I graciously ate them so as to salvage some benefit for my friend's kind gesture.

Thanks for the laughter today.


No comments: